The Repair Process
At Don Jacobs Paint & Body, our painters and technicians use only industry approved paint and unibody equipment to provide you with the finest workmanship and quality at a fair price. Our staff will work closely with you to ensure your complete satisfaction.
The repair process is outlined below. Please note: all steps may not apply to your repair.
- The estimate is written.
- Insurance arrangements are made.
- The vehicle is scheduled for repair.
- Parts are ordered, delivered and inspected.
- Vehicle is dropped off and repair authorization is signed.
- The job is assigned and dispatched to a technician.
- The vehicle is disassembled and re-evaluated.
- The supplement report is written.
- The insurance company is contacted for re-inspection.
- The supplemental report is approved.
- Additional parts are ordered.
- A revised completion date is provided to customer.
- New parts are given to paint team for "cut-in."
- Vehicle set up on unibody equipment.
- Structural and body repairs completed.
- Vehicle transferred to paint shop for structural "cut-in."
- Vehicle given back to metal shop to hang exterior sheet metal.
- Priming, sealing and corrosion protection applied.
- Vehicle is sanded, taped, bagged, cleaned and prepped for painting.
- Vehicle is placed in a pressurized, down-draft spray booth oven.
- Painter begins a multi-step refinishing process.
- Re-assembly and wheel alignment completed.
- Air conditioning recharge, fluids added and final inspection.
- Test drive, detail and repairs completed.
- Customer notified with confirmation for pick-up.